Rockin' Robbie's Instrument Rental Contract Terms of Service
By confirming a rental, I verify that I am 18 years old or older and that:
In signing this rental agreement, I verify that I am 18 years old or older, and that:
1) that I reserve the right to return the instrument at any time and I am not entitled to a refund of my initial payment; 2) that the full title and ownership of the instrument will remain with Rockin’ Robbie’s, Inc.; 3) that I will not sell, loan, mortgage, or dispose of the instrument that is being rented; 4) that I will pay all costs of replacement or repair in the event the instrument is stolen, damaged, or destroyed; 5) that I will pay all fees necessary for any legal restitution of the instrument or the collection of monies past due; 6) that if I dispute any valid transaction from Rockin’ Robbie’s, Inc. with my financial institution, I will be charged a fee of $50.00, only after Rockin’ Robbie’ s, Inc. is determined by my financial institution to be in the right. 7.) In the event that monthly payments are ever more than two months overdue, Rockin’ Robbie’s has the right to repossess the instrument from any location, such as the renter’s home or student’s school.
1) There is a 3 -month minimum on all rentals. At the end of the initial rental period, the contract converts to a month-to-month agreement. From this time onward, the renter will receive a rental charge each month. This charge will be issued on or around the day of the month that the rental began (e.g. if the rental began on the 14th of a certain month, the charges will be issued on or around the 14th of each month going forward) until the merchandise is returned.
2) It is mandatory to have at least one credit card on file. The credit card on file will be used to pay for the initial advance payment, as well as for the automatic monthly charges once the rental contract converts to month-to-month. If your card is canceled or any information changes (such as expiration date, V-Code or billing address), please call Rockin’ Robbie’s, Inc. to update your billing information.
3) Upon returning the instrument, if the renter wishes to purchase an instrument of the same type, 60% of the on-time monthly payments, before sales tax, may apply towards that purchase. Late payments will not be counted. This percentage is used toward the MSRP value of the instrument and may pay for up to 75% of the instrument’s purchase price (at least 25% of the purchase price must be paid using an alternate form of payment such as cash or credit).
4) There is a 5% additional manual payment entry fee for customer that opt out of the auto-pay system.
Rockin’ Robbie’s, Inc. has a professional repair shop on site. If damages or any technical malfunctions occur, it is understood that the instrument is to be brought to Rockin’ Robbie's by the renter. No other repair shop is authorized to repair Rockin' Robbie's rental instruments. If repairs are performed by a shop other than Rockin’ Robbie’s, the rental contract is considered breeched and the renter may be held liable for the replacement cost of the instrument. Rockin' Robbie's covers the cost of general maintenance and "normal wear and tear." The renter is responsible for damages resulting from impact, neglect or improper storage or use of the instrument. Please inquire for details on what constitutes "normal wear and tear" understanding that the repair technician makes the final decision if damage was covered under this limited warranty. If you are unsure about an issue regarding damage or functionality of the instrument, please notify Rockin' Robbie's immediately, or bring the instrument into the store for inspection. Please inquire for details. In the event a rental instrument is returned damaged, the repair shop will assess the damages and issue a charge. If the Rockin’ Robbie’s, Inc. staff or the repair technician determines that a charge is necessary, payment for the repair is due immediately. Please note that due to the extraordinary volume of instruments returned during certain seasons, it can sometimes take up to several months for the repair shop to examine the instrument for damage.
What personal information do we collect from the people that visit our blog, website or app?
When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, credit card information, Drivers license or other details to help you with your experience.
When do we collect information?
We collect information from you when you place an order or enter information on our site.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, make a purchase in the following ways:
- To quickly process your transactions.
- To use in the event that the instrument is missing
How do we protect your information?
Our website is scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to our site as safe as possible.
We use regular Malware Scanning.
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
We implement a variety of security measures when a user places an order enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information.
All transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.
Do we use 'cookies'?
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Since browser is a little different, look at your browser's Help Menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies. If you turn cookies off, Some of the features that make your site experience more efficient may not function properly.that make your site experience more efficient and may not function properly.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your Personally Identifiable Information unless we provide users with advance notice. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or serving our users, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release information when it's release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others' rights, property or safety.
We do not include or offer third-party products or services on our website.
Google's advertising requirements can be summed up by Google's Advertising Principles. They are put in place to provide a positive experience for users. https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/1316548?hl=en
We have not enabled Google AdSense on our site but we may do so in the future.
California Online Privacy Protection Act
According to CalOPPA, we agree to the following:
Users can visit our site anonymously.
Can change your personal information:
• By emailing us
• By calling us
• By logging in to your account
How does our site handle Do Not Track signals?
We honor Do Not Track signals and Do Not Track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place.
Does our site allow third-party behavioral tracking?
It's also important to note that we do not allow third-party behavioral tracking
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under the age of 13 years old, the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, United States' consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children's privacy and safety online.
We do not specifically market to children under the age of 13 years old.
Fair Information Practices
The Fair Information Practices Principles form the backbone of privacy law in the United States and the concepts they include have played a significant role in the development of data protection laws around the globe. Understanding the Fair Information Practice Principles and how they should be implemented is critical to comply with the various privacy laws that protect personal information.
In order to be in line with Fair Information Practices we will take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur:
We will notify you via email
• Within 1 business day
We will notify you via phone call
• Within 7 business days
We also agree to the Individual Redress Principle which requires that individuals have the right to legally pursue enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who fail to adhere to the law. This principle requires not only that individuals have enforceable rights against data users, but also that individuals have recourse to courts or government agencies to investigate and/or prosecute non-compliance by data processors.
CAN SPAM Act
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
We collect your email address in order to:
• Process orders and to send information and updates pertaining to orders.
To be in accordance with CANSPAM, we agree to the following:
• Not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
• Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
• Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
• Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
• Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
• Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can email us at
• Follow the instructions at the bottom of each email.
and we will promptly remove you from ALL correspondence.
1835 Colfax Street
Concord, CA 94520